When you think about how much time we spend on our smartphones every day, it can be a little overwhelming. Between texting with friends and scrolling through Instagram, your phone is probably one of the most used things in your life. And all that use adds up to a lot of screen time! But there are some simple ways to make sure that your phone looks amazing and makes you happy when using it for hours each day. We’ve compiled 4 different tips to help you get started!
4 Ways to Make Your Phone Look Amazing
Your phone is a big part of your life. It’s always in the palm of your hand, and you’re constantly checking it for new messages or notifications about what to do next. With all that screen time going on, why not make sure it looks amazing? I’ll share with you some simple tips and tricks for making the most out of whatever device you have!
1. Customize your wallpaper with a personal picture
Phone screens can get really dirty, especially if you use your fingers to scroll. If this is a problem for you, make sure that your wallpaper has either an abstract pattern or just one solid color – it will be much easier to clean in the future!
Use a personal picture as your background: This is our most favorite way to customize any phone because it gives us something beautiful and meaningful right at the beginning of every day. Whether it’s a selfie with friends from last weekend or that perfect sunset shot on vacation, customizing your home screen with things important to you makes waking up each morning feel like so much more than just another day. It also helps keep track of which apps are live updates too (e.g., Facebook Messenger or Instagram).
How to do it?
- The best way to do this is by opening the “Wallpaper” section of your phone, selecting a gallery app like Google Photos,
- and then tapping on the photo you want. Once it’s chosen, tap on the bottom right corner of your screen where there should be an option for “Set as Wallpaper.”
- This will open up some other options in which you can adjust how large you would like to see it (we recommend full size), whether or not you’d prefer that space taken up with a time or battery indicator at the top of your screen, and what transition animation style looks good for you.
- When finished customizing these settings, press set and voilà! Your wallpaper has been completely changed out.
2. Change the font to make it more fun and interesting
There are some really fun fonts that you can download for free from the App Store or Play Store. This will completely change the look of your phone.
Here are some really fun fonts that you can download for free from the App Store:
- Titillium Web (this one is great because it’s monospaced, meaning characters have equal width)
- Henny Penny (a rounded sans serif with plenty of variation in letter shapes)
- Boardmaker Neue Oblique Condensed Bold (another good option if you’re looking for something condensed but thinner than Titillium Web)
How to do it? (iOS)
- The first step is to open up your Settings app and then go into “General.”
- Next, select “Accessibility” where it will have a section called “Reduce Motion.” This reduces animation on your phone–which may not be an issue if you’re used to them but makes things look smoother when scrolling through pages or doing other tasks.
- Underneath this option, there should be another one titled “Text Size,” which allows you to make text larger than what would normally appear by default on the screen of your iPhone’s lock screen or home page (we recommend at least 150%).
- You’ll also want to change your font style here as well—you’ll see a section at the top of this page labeled “Typography.” Tap on it and then scroll down to select your preferred font style.
3. Add new app icons to match your personality
If you want your phone’s home screen to be as reflective of who you are, add custom app icons that suit what makes YOU unique!
Download an icon pack from Google Play (or another source) and place it in your device’s “Pictures” folder (don’t forget to rename them with a .png extension!). Once they’re loaded on your device, tap one up at a time and then select which apps will use those files by tapping their respective names when prompted. Easy peasy! And if there isn’t a graphic out there for something you’re really into, you can always create your own! This will Look Amazing on your Phone.
If there isn’t a graphic out there for something you’re really into, you can always create your own! Here’s how: Download an icon pack from Google Play (or another source) and place it in your device’s “Pictures” folder. Once they are loaded on your phone tap one up at a time then select which apps will use those files with the respective names when prompted. Easy peasy! And don’t worry about not being able to find graphics that suit what makes YOU unique – because we’ve got you covered here too with our custom app icons where everything is customizable & FREE!
4. Change the color scheme of your phone
4th way and one of the coolest ways to make your phone look amazing is by changing the color scheme of your phone. There are many ways to make your phone look sleek and beautiful. One of the simplest, most affordable changes that you can make is simply changing the color scheme. It’s easy! Just follow these steps:
- To change the accent color, go into your Settings and head to “General.” From there, tap on “Accessibility” and scroll down until you find Color Filters. Tap it
- Select a new color from the list (we recommend green!). That’s all! You now have a beautiful phone with an awesome new look that matches your style.
You might not have realized it, but the color scheme of your phone can actually affect how you feel. Studies show that when people look at blue screens, they’re more likely to be calm and relaxed whereas red screens are associated with feeling angry or aggressive. If you want to make sure that looking at your phone doesn’t bring on feelings of anxiety or frustration, consider changing the background color of your screen from time to time.
Just apply these 4 steps it will make your phone feel and look amazing. That’s it! The next time you have a boring phone, try out these simple tricks to make your device pop with personality and pizzazz. If you can think of any other ways to spruce up your mobile lifestyle, we want to know about it too! Share them in the comments below or on our social media pages.